What to pay attention to when transporting steel
When it comes to steel, it can be said to be a household name. Its uses are the most widely used, whether it is highway or bridge construction, building buildings or entertainment venues, as well as automobiles, trains, ships, airplanes, rockets, electric power, nuclear energy, etc. Open the application of steel. It has not only made great contributions to the construction of the country, but also built a “bridge” for the well-off life of ordinary people. It has become a veritable important material necessary for the realization of the four modernizations.
According to the classification, steel is generally divided into four categories: profiles, plates, pipes and metal products. During the storage process, it is necessary to store the steel in the designated area according to the four categories, set the material level, mark the standing, and indicate the steel. For categories, varieties, specifications and numbers, try to avoid mechanical damage to the steel and prevent corrosion. So, what should we pay attention to during the transportation of steel?
1. Steel goods include pig iron, steel ingots, and various steel products. Therefore, logistics companies are required to load uniformly, moisture-proof and prevent rust during transportation.
(1) Steel has the characteristic of being heavy, so the vehicle should be equipped with skids when loading and transporting, pay attention to the safety of loading and transport;
(2) Different types of steel cannot be mixed to avoid confusion;
(3) When loading the vehicle, prepare damp-proof and moisture-proof tools such as oil cloth;
(4) When loading, it is necessary to avoid unpredictable problems caused by the steel sheet exceeding the outside of the vehicle, and the cargo should be evenly distributed;
(5) Steel slag that has just been discharged from the furnace will explode when exposed to water, and transportation in rainy weather should be prohibited.
Second, in the process of steel transportation, companies often use rail, road, and water transportation. Companies will choose different modes of transportation according to cargo owners' requirements for timeliness of goods and different transportation routes.